Job Title: Learning Guide
Location: Heath, Cardiff
Salary: £13,500 - £17,000 depending on experience
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours of Work: 8.30am – 4pm Mon -Fri (Term Time only)
Contract term: Temporary (1 year initially)
Red Rose School seek to appoint an enthusiastic, compassionate and appropriately experienced Learning Guide, who has a passion for making a difference in the lives of children and young people with Additional Learning Needs, to join our vibrant special school.
Red Rose School supports pupils between the ages of 7 up to 19, with a variety of needs including, diagnosis for Emotional, Social and Behavioural difficulties, GLD and ASC, and sometimes can display multifaceted behaviours.
We pride ourselves on a positive and inclusive ethos. We believe in putting the pupils at the centre of everything we do, giving them the opportunity to develop and flourish in an environment where they are happy, supported and challenged.
Applicants should have experience of working with children with Additional Learning Needs, be able to work as part of a team, be able to establish genuine relationships with children and their families and most importantly enjoy working with children and young people.
Red Rose School is looking for a Learning Guide who is:
- Committed to the principles and philosophy of our school
- Passionate about supporting children’s learning, emotional health, wellbeing and holistic development
- Able to work in a lively, stimulating and sometimes challenging environment
- Able to form positive relationships with the children and young people, being fair and consistent
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, motivated and innovative
- A positive role model
- Committed to a high quality of care and education
- Flexible and sensitive to the developmental needs of children and young people
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills
- Adaptable and resourceful with a good sense of humour
- Highly motivated, and able to show initiative
- Able to work as a part of a dedicated team
Please apply in no more than two sides of A4, a supporting statement which explains
• your reasons for applying for this position
• your experiences to date which you feel make you a suitable candidate; and
• an indication of your strengths, both personally and professionally
You are asked to give the names of two referees, one of which should be your current employer.
Closing Date :14th October, 2019
Red Rose School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.