30 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
To start as soon as possible
Actual salary £17,745 (£25,350 FTE)
Newbury College are looking to recruit an excellent Learning Manager to join our team. This is an opportunity for an experienced professional to lead the design and development of learning and resources in the provision of an efficient, effective, and responsive service that supports the teaching and learning of all staff and students.
The successful applicant will have;
• Qualification at degree level in librarianship or information management that is accredited by CILIP OR
At degree level in any subject, followed by an accredited postgraduate qualification in information management
Work -based training and a CILIP qualification
• Experience of using and analysing management information to drive improvements
• Experience of implementing digital learning tools
• Strong research skills, with evidence of communicating findings effectively
• A passion and commitment to transforming and improving life chances for students and make a significant contribution to economic development
It would be beneficial if you also have;
• Experience of working in HE
• Teaching qualification such as CertEd, PGCE, BA (hons) in Education
• Leadership and Management Training
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day to day duties. If you have any questions then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
* Free on site parking
* 25 days holiday (pro rata)
* Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Discounted Community Learning courses
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.