Four Acres Academy is a 2 form entry with capacity for 483 pupils aged 2-11 (including a 2 year old nursery provision with 108 places). Staff work in Key Stage group teams to collaboratively plan and deliver high quality lessons. All teachers are supported by teaching assistants and our support staff play a critical role in securing outstanding progress in pupils’ learning. In February 2015 Four Acres became an academy as the founder member of Little Acorn Trust. The Academy is a fellowship member of the Pickwick Learning Teaching Schools Alliance and we work collaboratively with other schools to develop mutual supportive networks that benefit children and staff development. In December 2017, Ofsted rated Four Acres Academy as Good in all areas.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Four Acres Academy in Bristol. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
• To respond both reactively and proactively to help pupils manage their behaviour in conjunction with class staff
• To provide advice, support and services to children and their families.
• To work in partnership with parents and carers to empower them and to enable them to achieve better outcomes for their children.
• To work cooperatively with children’s services, health agencies and other community based services, to provide the most effective service for children and families.
• To apply safeguarding and child protection procedures
• To plan and deliver PE sessions to classes when required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- Free access to employee assistance programme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Previous experience of working with children to help them manage their behaviour
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude and excellent self-regulation/emotional awareness
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
The Academy meets the requirements in respect of “exempted questions” under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is thereby a Registered Body with the Disclosure Service provided by the national Criminal Records Bureau. It conducts checks as necessary, with the applicant’s permission, under the Criminal Record Bureau’s Code of Practice.
Jobs working with children (i.e all under-18s) or vulnerable adults are exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) by virtue of an amended Exceptions Order. This means that you cannot withhold information about any spent or unspent convictions in applying for this post. You are also asked not to withhold information about cautions, reprimands, final warnings, bans and other non-conviction information such as police enquiries and pending prosecutions.
Checks may also be made with Local Authority Child Protection Registers where you have lived in the past. In applying for this post you are giving permission for such Registers to be checked and for the local authorities concerned to share relevant information with Four Acres Academy for the purpose of your application for employment. You are also giving permission for any number of past employers to be contacted regarding this application for employment.
“Front line” and certain other posts e.g. supervisory/management will require Disclosure checks at an Enhanced or Standard level; others may be at Basic level. The level of Disclosure for this post is shown in the Person Specification.
Details of our Safeguarding policy can be found on our website: www.fouracresacademy.co.uk