Salary Grade: BG9, SCP N17 to N21, £24,799 to £26,999 pro-rata (pending pay rise).
Contract: 1 year Fixed Term Contract initially. 35 hours per week 08.30am to 16.00pm Monday to Friday, with ½ hour unpaid break. Term time only plus 5 INSET days. Actual starting salary of £20,425
Due to continued growth and expansion we are seeking to appoint an additional Learning Mentor to join our fabulous staff team. The role will involve supporting children both reactively and proactively across 2 sites and across the whole primary age range and working in partnership with our existing Learning Mentor. We are very much hoping that the role will continue after August 2021.
Cotham Gardens Primary School is a larger than average 3 form entry primary school within a wonderfully diverse community.
We are looking for someone who has high levels of skill and experience in most or all of the following areas:
- Working across the entire primary age range
- Running and managing therapeutic interventions
- Supporting children with attachment issues
- Supporting children with challenging behaviour
- Running additional clubs and support groups to support a wide range of children and families
- Working with children and families to promote home learning
- Working with families to improve attendance and punctuality
- Sign posting families to different organisations and services
- Supporting EAL children and parents including those who are newly arrived
- Working as part of a safeguarding team
In return we can offer you:
- Delightful, motivated children
- A team of hard working and supportive colleagues
- Interested and involved parents, carers and Governors
- Opportunities to get involved in whole school and wider community events
- A commitment to your professional development
Visits to the school prior to application are encouraged. Please telephone or email the school office to arrange a visit.
For further information about Cotham Gardens Primary School please go to the school website.
To apply please complete the attached application form together with a letter of application explaining why you want to work at Cotham Gardens Primary School and what you are able to offer our school. Please apply through eTeach.
Closing date for applications: 22nd June 2020 at 09.00am
Interviews will be held in either week beginning June 29th or July 6th
Cotham Gardens Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check with a check of the DBS barred list.