The Governors wish to recruit a highly able, dedicated and inspirational Learning Mentor to join our successful and caring team at Ninelands Primary School in Garforth. The post is permanent, full-time 32.5 hours per week, term time only post and starts on 1st January 2021.
The successful candidate will provide expertise, support and guidance to refocus children who may be experiencing difficulties due to social, emotional or behavioural issues, back on to their learning. Ninelands prides itself on developing the whole child, and so part of the role will be around children’s mental wellbeing and family engagement.
Ninelands Primary School is a popular and vibrant school with an excellent reputation in the local community. We have 437 children on role, a large nursery and in-house wrap around care. Ninelands is a partner within the NOCTUA Teaching Alliance and also a member of the Garforth Cluster of schools which includes Extended Services and family support. In October 2017 Ninelands achieved a ‘Good’ grade from Ofsted.
We are looking for a learning Mentor who:
• Loves working with children!
• Is committed to our whole school ethos
• Has excellent communication, listening and observation skills
• Can confidently deal with difficult or sensitive situations
• Has proven expertise in a range of behaviour strategies
• Has knowledge of barriers to learning
• Has a positive mindset and is able to seek solutions
We can offer you:
• A warm, happy and friendly school
• A highly motivated, talented and supportive staff team who are committed to building on the many strengths of the school
• The opportunity to work in a busy, exciting and large learning environment
• Supportive parents and children who are engaged in learning and proud of their school
• A strong commitment to continual professional development
• The opportunity to grow and develop the role of Learning Mentor
The post is subject to a probationary period.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Ninelands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.