Two roles - 27.5 and 20 hours per week, Term Time only, plus 3 INSET days - Actual starting salary of £12,572 for 27.5 hour post, and £9,143 for 20 hour post
Would you like to be part of an expanding SEND provision for students with additional educational needs? There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at Nailsea School as we encourage everyone to exceed their own expectations and to be the very best they can be. With recent investment, we are the first secondary school in North Somerset to offer a formal resource base for students with higher functioning Autism.
We are offering an exciting new opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Learning Support Assistant to join our SEND team.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- experience of working with children with a range of SEND
- an understanding of the national curriculum framework and know how to adapt activities to suit the needs of the learner
- a good understanding of how to modify and adapt the school day to meet the needs of an individual child
- an ability to be flexible, positive and good humoured; proactively seeking creative ways of meeting children’s needs
- good levels of written English
- excellent interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will be required to:
- provide in class support and support teachers to differentiate class work.
- deliver bespoke small group intervention, where needed.
- give clear and effective teaching to secure pupil progress whilst assessing the development, progress, and attainment of pupils.
- provide assessment feedback to teachers.
- use ‘provision map’ to record student progress and be responsible for the management of some student educational healthcare plans.
Please see the Job description for further information. Should you have any queries, please contact Pardeep Millard, HR and Cover Officer in the first instance.
Nailsea School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.