Learning Support Assistant required to work within the Inclusion team
Fixed term from 1st September 2020 – 31st August 2021
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 12pm
Bristol Grade 9
We are a three form entry, nurture centred infant school, looking to employ a motivated, inspiring and adaptable practitioner to work as a key member of our Inclusion team. The role will involve taking responsibility for the planning and provision within ‘Shooting Stars’, our group provision for children with SEND.
The successful candidate will share our vision to enable, enrich and empower children and will:
- have a sound knowledge of planning for SEND children, taking into consideration the wide range of need within the group.
- be a highly experienced practitioner with the ability to work effectively with others
- demonstrate initiative and the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- work collaboratively with the SENDCo and outside agencies to ensure necessary strategies and advice are implemented
- have the ability to observe, record and progress children’s learning, under the direction of the SENDCo and class teachers.
- be proactive, resilient and able to use their initiative to lead the team and the children
- implement a range of behaviour management strategies
- be able to uphold our nurturing ethos and school values
He or she will join our dedicated and supportive team and will have sufficient relevant experience in order to work within the team with minimal training.
This is a new post within the school and is therefore fixed term for the academic year 2020/21. If effective, there is the potential for the post to continue in the following year. The hours are 8.30am – 12pm Monday to Friday.
We can offer you
- fantastic, friendly children who have a love for learning
- a proactive, committed and welcoming staff, dedicated to promoting a strong team ethos
- supportive leadership and governors
We are seeking to appoint someone who enacts our school vision ‘Reach for the Stars’ and values:
- Team player
Whilst visits cannot be arranged at the present time due to Covid-19, those interested in the position are more than welcome to contact the school on our temporary number 0117-903-0670 for further information.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, a declaration of non-disqualification by association and two fully supportive references.
Closing date for applications: 9.30am Friday 12 June, interviews will be held in the week beginning Monday 15 June.
St Anne's Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.