Afternoon Learning Support Assistant (LSA) & MPF Advert – September 2019
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA), incorporating a Midday Play Facilitator (MPF) role at Heather Ridge Infant School in Heatherside, Camberley.
Potentially we may be able to offer an additional 10 hours per week on a temporary contract, for 10 weeks, as LSA 1:1 support assistant. This additional role will be discussed if interested in applying for the role.
We are seeking to employ a highly motivated, cheerful and experienced LSA to join our friendly and passionate child focused team. This role is very varied, so we are looking for someone who is flexible and resourceful, able to cope in a high pressure environment, dealing with constantly changing priorities.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has at least one year’s experience as LSA or TA.
• Can create stimulating learning environments.
• Has English and Mathematics at Grade C or above at GCSE.
• Has high expectations of both themselves and pupils.
Job Requirements for LSA:
• Working with a wide range of Class Teachers and support staff to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
• Coaching children on a 1:1 and group basis.
• Accompanying children on school visits.
• Support assessment and evidence children’s learning.
• Working with Teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources.
• Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners.
• Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability.
• Lead the class on one afternoon per week to cover for Teacher PPA time – this afternoon will be paid at a higher rate.
Job Requirements for MPF:
• Able to promote good behaviour.
• To work as part of the lunchtime team.
• Reporting to the Senior MPF.
• To encourage healthy eating habits.
• Ensuring the safety of all the children.
• To arrange play activities and encourage participation.
• Administer First Aid when required.
What we offer:
• Hard working, enthusiastic, friendly and well behaved children.
• The opportunity of working with cheerful, committed team in a friendly environment of a well respected and efficiently run school.
• Pension Scheme.
• Committed to your personal and career development.
• A supportive team with experienced Teachers.
Hours of Work and Salary:
LSA – 10 Hours made up as follows:
• 5 x afternoons: 1pm – 3pm (four paid at PS3 – FTE £17,316, one paid at PS5 – FTE £21,169)
MPF – 5.4 Hours:
• Monday – Friday inclusive, 12 noon – 1.05pm (paid at PS1/2 FTE £16,894)
Closing date for applications is: Friday 20th September 2019.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 24th September.
Start date will be as soon as possible, depending on Notice Period required.
We look forward to hearing from you. To find out more, please do ring our school on: 01276 24918. Visits are welcomed.
Heather Ridge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS and completion of a Disqualification by Association Declaration Form.
Heather Ridge Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.