LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Grade / Salary: Grade 5
Location: Mowmacre Hill Primary School
Hours Per Week: 32.5 hours per week
Status: Fixed Term until August 2020
Our school is an exciting place to be and our aim is to strive for excellence in everything that we do, uniting all our staff, pupils and families in life-long learning and preparing for a better tomorrow. We work hard to develop strong learning behaviours so that we can equip our children with the skills and confidence to rise to meet their aspirations for the future.
We are looking to appoint two caring, enthusiastic and highly motivated Learning Support Assistants who will be committed to improving outcomes for all of our children, along with a passion for providing inspirational learning experiences.
We are looking for someone who has:
- NVQ 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning, or equivalent
- Experience of supporting teaching and learning in a formal setting
- Knowledge of child protection and health and safety procedures
- Good interpersonal skills
- Empathy with children and young people
In return we will give you opportunity to:
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Be part of an exciting whole school expansion project
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Academy Trust
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 10th June 2019, 9:00am
Interview Date: Tuesday 18th June 2019
Start Date: August 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.