Headley Park Primary School is looking for a skilled learning support worker to join our team from September 19. We have a highly effective team of Learning Support Assistants and they are an integral part of the teaching and learning at our school. LSAs receive high-quality training and CPD and play a full and active part in the decision-making and communication systems across the school and the Trust. The purpose of the role is to contribute to the teaching and learning in school by providing a range of support as required – this can include general learning support to groups and individuals in the class; 1:1 support for children with SEND or behavioural needs; catch-up interventions in small groups or 1:1; benchmarking and other individual assessment and occasionally whole-class supervision. The post would initially be based in Y1, Y2 and Y3.
Headley Park is a happy, dynamic and successful school with a strong sense of community. We offer a friendly and dedicated staff team in which LSAs are highly valued, supportive parents and governors and absolutely delightful children who behave well and are eager to learn.
We are looking for a proven outstanding primary school practitioner who:
• Has a track record of providing effective learning support to children
• Is a reflective learner and constantly seeks to adapt and improve to meet changing demands
• is aspirational and has very high expectations;
• has excellent behaviour management strategies
• is committed to the principles of ‘Learning without Limits’ – raising aspirations and offering all children the opportunity to shine and achieve
• is a great team player and communicates and works well with colleagues
This post is initially for 3 days a week (Wed-Fri) but there may be a possibility to increase this (by mutual agreement), subject to funding.
Interviews to be held on 27th June.
Headley Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.