Learning Support Assistant
Scale 4 -NJC point 7 – 10 Salary - £11,906 - £12,788 depending on experience
22.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8.30am – 1pm
39 weeks per year during term time including 5 INSET days
Start date September 2019
The Governors of Hampton Primary Partnership (federation between Hampton Infant School and Nursery and Hampton Junior School) are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work 5 mornings a week. The successful candidate would either be in the classroom or supporting 1:1 until 12 mid-day, then supporting children at lunchtime between 12 mid- day and 1pm.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic LSA that is looking to work in in an outstanding, forward thinking school. The school is a 4 form entry Infant serving the local community with an attached Nursery.
You would be working with an established team of teachers and LSA’s to support the learning of children under the supervision of the teachers. We are looking for an experienced, flexible person with a caring nature and a can- do attitude who enjoys working with children.
- Working with a range of staff to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Being an approachable, caring and supportive adult role model
- A commitment to a nurturing approach to developing the whole child
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
- Accompanying groups on trips
Applicants must be qualified to NVQ level 3 or above in child care, and a current paediatric first aid certificate would be an advantage. Experience of working in at least one other educational environment is essential.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Satisfactory DBS checks are required for all staff.
Application forms may be downloaded from e-teach. Please apply via e-teach or return the application form to the school by mid- day Thursday 4th July 2019 at 12 mid- day. Please note we do not accept CV’s.