Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Grade 4/5 £18,591.92 - £21,443.40 per annum (FTE £22,337 - £25,809 per annum)
Hours: 36 hours per week, term time only
Location: The Skills Hub, Providence Road, Yiewsley, Middlesex. UB7 8HJ
The Skills Hub is a secondary co-educational alternative provision predominantly working with students who are at risk of or are permanently excluded from mainstream education. The school aims to provide a therapeutic environment to support young people’s academic journey and psychological wellbeing.
We are looking for people who are passionate about working with students that present with mental health needs and challenging behaviours and can remain calm and non-judgemental when under pressure.
The ideal candidate
To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
• An ability to engage in reflective practice and work with restorative justice approaches.
• A non-judgmental and empathic approach.
• A genuine passion for education.
• Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
• An energetic and enthusiastic 'can do' attitude.
• Resilient and persevering personality.
• Both a friendly and professional manner.
To apply for this role please download an application form and send to the email address provided.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered. We only accept completed application forms.
Start date: September 2019
Applications deadline: 5th July 2019
Interviews: 10th July 2019
The Skills Hub and OHC&AT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.