We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to support children across KS2 at Wheatfield Primary School.
32.5 hours per week, term time only plus 5 Inset days, 8.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday
Permanent contract, starting ASAP
Pro rata salary is £13,801 pa based on £17,934 FTE
We are currently seeking a talented individual who shares our vision of high aspirations, outstanding achievement and passion for learning. We tailor learning for each child, providing full access to the curriculum.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of delivering and assisting in the evaluation of agreed learning programmes and interventions.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability and skills to:
- develop positive relationships with children to enhance their learning and social skills
- explain tasks simply and clearly
- provide appropriate levels of attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks
- positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children
- work collaboratively with staff, both at school level and within the GLF Trust family of schools
We can offer you:
- a highly supportive, friendly team and a rewarding work environment
- well behaved, enthusiastic and motivated children
- excellent professional development opportunities to support your career pathway
- the opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF School
Applicants are encouraged to visit our school - please contact the school office on 0118 989 6950 to arrange a tour.
Closing date: Thursday 19th September 2019 at 9.00 am
Interviews: Tuesday 24th September 2019
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
Job description & Person Specification