An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Cotham Gardens Primary School in Bristol. We would like to appoint a highly skilled and motivated Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and hardworking SEND team. The role will involve supporting a year 6 child with autism.
Cotham Gardens Primary School is a large, happy and vibrant 3 form entry primary school within a wonderfully diverse community. We are spilt over two sites.
We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic and skilled SEND LSAs who:
- Are able to put in place, follow and monitor actions/outcomes on Individual Education Plans/EHCPs
- Have previous experience working as a Learning Support Assistant in a primary school (mainstream and/or specialist provision)
- Has previous experience of supporting children with autism, especially in KS2
- Has autism training and can demonstrate effective strategies when working with children with autism
- Have previous experience of supporting children with SEND
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Holds a Teaching Assistant qualification
- Are able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated, able to work on their own initiative and work successfully in a team.
- Have a calm, flexible and patient manner with an ability to adapt tasks as necessary
- Are able to develop a positive relationship with the child or children with whom they work
- Shows a willingness to liaise appropriately with parents as needed and show good communication skills
- Have energy, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humour!
- Understands the need for confidentiality within and outside the school community
- Has a good understanding of safeguarding children in schools.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
- Free access to employee assistance programme.
Salary: BG6, Scale Point N6 to N7 (£19,171 to £19,554 pro-rata), beginning on N6. Actual, pro-rated starting salary of £8,120
Contract: Term time only plus 5 INSET days. Fixed Term until 31st August 2020 or if the child leaves the school.
Working hours: 8.30-12.30 Monday, 9-12.30 Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri
Visits to the school prior to application are encouraged. Please telephone or email the school office to make to arrange a visit. The following dates and times are available:-
Friday 13th at 1.45pm at our Elmgrove site
Monday 16th at 4pm at our Elmgrove site
Please contact the school office to book an appointment to visit.
The closing date is 12.00pm midday on 25th September. Interviews are expected to take place on Wednesday 9th or Friday 11th October.
To apply please complete the attached application form together with a letter of application explaining why you want to work at Cotham Gardens Primary School and what you are able to offer our school. For further information about Cotham Gardens Primary School please go to the school website.
Cotham Gardens Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.