LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Salary Grade: RID 2
Salary Band: £17,007 - £17,391 FTE per annum
Actual term time salary: £9,843 - £10,055 per annum
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Term Time + 5 days
Contract Term: Fixed Term until August 2020 (in the first instance)
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd November 2019
Interview Date: November 2019 (during the school day)
Hours: 25 per week
Please note: Should a suitable candidate be identified during the vacancy live timescale, the vacancy may be closed early.
About the opportunity:
We currently have vacancies for Learning Support Assistants (LSA). The vacancies are open to all LSAs to join our dedicated Special Educational Needs department supporting students requiring additional help, but it would be advantageous if you have a specialty in Numeracy. The role requires patience, kindness and empathy in encouraging the most under-confident to achieve. It also requires the successful post holders to be a good role model for all students within the school.
This school has a strong academic reputation that has gone from strength to strength and shows the hard efforts of staff and students. This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the teaching staff in the school and staff from other schools that make up The White Horse Federation. The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is passionate and committed to ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, with high levels of creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1560 students, 200 of which are Sixth Form.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- An excellent Learning Support Assistant who loves working with children and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community and across the federation;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Have experience of working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties; and be fully aware of the key elements of nurture provision.
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
We can offer you:
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of children with a passion for learning.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please come and meet some of the staff and our children and see for yourself! Please contact 01793-846100 to make an appointment.
More information about the school can be found on our website
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Perkz discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Childcare vouchers (P&T)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.