We are looking for an enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to support a child 1:1 in our lovely school.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Kingfield Primary School in old Woking. We are a one-form entry primary school with pupils from age 3 - 11. The LSA role is to work 1:1 with a child who needs additional support with their learning and to help them achieve their full potential. We are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable and resourceful person who enjoys the challenge of working in a busy classroom environment. You will need to use your imagination, empathy and patience to help the child to engage with our inspiring curriculum. Experience of helping children with speech and language difficulties and/or ASD would be an advantage. This is a fixed term position initially, but there could be scope for this to be extended.
• Working closely with the Class Teacher and Inclusion Manager to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
• Working 1:1 with a designated child.
• Supporting assessment and evidencing learning.
• Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners.
• Accompanying groups on school trips.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Flexible, term-time hours.
• The opportunity of working within a supportive and friendly team.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as retail discounts and free access to employee assistance programme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Previous experience of working within a school (either paid or voluntary).
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• A can-do attitude.
• A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of the child you are working with.
• Previous experience of working with a child with speech and language difficulties and/or ASD would be useful.
Hours of work: 0830 - 1230 (Mon-Fri) 18.75 hrs a week (there could be some flexibility on the start time)
Actual salary: £7,609 - £8,159 depending on experience (FTE salary £17,316 - £18,242)
Start date for vacancy: Mon 3rd February 2020
Closing date for applications: Thurs 23rd January at midday
Interviews will take place: w/c 27th January