Heathfield Schools’ Partnership
SEND Learning Support Assistants
Term time up to 28.75 hpw for 39 weeks per annum
Salary: £23,377-£23,607 pro-rata (Scale 4 LBRuT)
Required from April 2020
We are looking to appoint highly-motivated Learning Support Assistants to support children with Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) in our mainstream Reception and our Specialist Resource Provision. The successful candidates will be required to start as soon as possible to deliver high quality support and interventions. Positions are available in EYFS, KS1 and KS2 and could be full or part-time.
Heathfield is a federated Infant and Junior school where every child feels important, succeeds and aspires to something greater. We are proud of the support we offer to children with SEND. We have a dedicated team of experienced Learning Support Assistants led by our Team Leader. We have high expectations of our children with SEND and work in partnership with families to ensure they achieve their very best.
The successful candidates will have the following attributes:
• NVQ 2 or equivalent.
• Excellent behaviour management skills.
• Good communication and organisation skills.
• Approachable and able to take decisions.
• A high standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Exhibit outstanding professional behaviours and lead by example.
• Show that they put the children and their progress first.
• Have good practical skills and an attention to detail.
• Are able to work with teachers and children in a calm way.
• Have good computing skills.
• Are energetic, creative and caring.
• Are willing to take part in training and personal development.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd March 2020 at 9am
Interview Date: Monday 9th March January 2020.
Please note that all applications must be submitted using the application form, CVs will not be accepted.
The school team is committed to the safeguarding of children so all appointments are subject to satisfactory recruitment checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service return.