Grade: 5 Point 7
Hours: 27.5 hours per week – Term Time.
Contract term: Fixed Term from as soon as possible until 10th July 2020 as position is subject to funding.
The governors of St Hardulph’s Church of England Primary School are seeking to recruit a super SEN Learning Support Assistant to work with a child with special educational needs in year 3. This will involve supporting the child individually and some group work under the direction of the class teacher. This offers an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to work as part of a team led, striving for outstanding provision to enable the whole school community to flourish, whilst promoting and nurturing the Christian ethos and values in all areas of school life.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working with children with special educational needs
• Be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in Supporting Teaching & Learning or equivalent
• Be committed, caring and hard-working
• Have a love for working with children
• Build a positive relationship with a fantastic pupil and their family
• Be motivated, well organised, patient, adaptable and able to use their own initiative.
In return, St Hardulph’s can offer:
• Happy, hardworking and engaged pupils and staff.
• A modern and well cared for school building with lots of outside space.
• A forward thinking headteacher committed to bringing out the best in everyone.
• An active and supportive governing body that works in partnership with the whole school community.
• A school with potential for growth and development that has foundations on which to build its future success.
If you would like to find out more or have any questions regarding this exciting opportunity please contact the headteacher Mrs Kelly Ellis for an informal discussion by calling school.
Interested applicants are welcome to visit the school and can make an appointment to see St Hardulph’s in action, meeting our staff and pupils, by contacting the school office.
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Monday 9th March 2020 with shortlisting taking place that afternoon.
Applicants are advised that the day of interview is scheduled for Friday13th March 2020.
St Hardulph’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.