LSA 1:1 VACANCY
FIXED TERM (COVERING MATERNITY LEAVE)
PART TIME (21 hours)
3 Days a week (Mon, Tues and Weds) Term Time Only
From 4th January 2021 – 19th March 2022 or earlier if the postholder returns to work
JG3 SCP 5 – 6
(£18,795 - £19,171 FTE)
Backwell C of E Junior School is 2 form entry and is strongly committed to the community it serves. This post offers an exciting opportunity to join a very supportive team dedicated to ‘making a difference’ at an exciting time. Federated with West Leigh Infant School, both schools have been judged as Outstanding by Ofsted and joined the Lighthouse Schools Partnership (a Multi Academy Trust) in February 2018.
We are looking for an inspiring Learning Support Assistant from Monday 4th January 2021 to work on a 1:1 basis with a pupil with Downs Syndrome. This part time, temporary position is for 15 months or earlier when our Maternity Leaver returns to work.
The successful candidate will have:
- knowledge and understanding of the needs of children with Downs Syndrome
- ability to prepare resources and adapt Teachers' planning to meet the needs of the child
- high energy, enthusiasm and a "can do" attitude
- tenacity and patience
- resilience and the ability to problem-solve
- creativity, initiative and the ability to motivate
- a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the job
- a practical knowledge of Makaton (training will be given)
- ICT skills
We can offer you:
- A fabulous working environment with children who really want to learn
- A friendly and successful school
- A growing school with a dedicated and hard working staff
- Opportunities to work across the phases both within the Junior and Infant setting
- Excellent CPD opportunities
School visits are encouraged to take place after school. To arrange a visit please contact the School Office.
Please apply for the position using the Lighthouse Schools Partnership Application Form. Further details are available from the School Office.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 2nd December 2020
Interview date: Friday 4th December 2020. This will be a virtual interview
The Federation of West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Any appointment will be subject to full enhanced DBS checks (including Barred List Information) and satisfactory references.
Federation of West Leigh Infant and Backwell Junior Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.