Hours: 32.5 hours per week, term time only plus 3 INSET days
Contract: Fixed Term Contract from 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022 pending funding review or the child’s departure from school, whichever is the earliest.
Salary: JG4 £20,092 - £21,748 per annum pro-rata
Worlebury St Paul’s CEVA Primary School is looking for committed, determined and a talented learning support assistant (qualified) who will relish the opportunity of working in our rapidly improving school. We are committed to improving our provision even further to ensure children achieve the best possible education.
From 1 September 2021 we require an enthusiastic and creative qualified LSA to join our team and support an EYFS child in receipt of Top up Funding. The post is term time only with attendance at least 3 INSET days (TBC). Daily working hours are 8.30am to 3.30pm, with a 30 minute lunch.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has:
- an absolute passion and determination to provide the best education for our children and families
- an astute understanding of effective learning
- the ability to forge strong rapport at all levels of the school and with all stakeholders
- resilience and stamina through adversity
- has the knowledge and skills to support the learning and assessment within the primary age range.
We can provide:
- The chance to become part of a highly welcoming, collaborative and friendly school
- Leadership committed to your personal and professional development
- Excellent and dedicated colleagues and a governing body with a great team ethos
- An amazing group of children with zest and passion for learning
The successful candidate will be a strong team player expected to work under the direction of the class teacher and from own initiative to ensure the best support of the child and class.
Experience of working in a school and working with children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health and Social and Communication needs is essential. The successful candidate must have good levels of English and Maths and be able to engage effectively with children, staff and parents to nurture pupil development.
Application forms and further details are available from the school’s website or by contacting the school.
Closing date: Monday 29th June 2021 at 12.00 noon
Interview date/s: Week Beginning 5 July 2021
Address: Woodspring Avenue, Worlebury, Weston-super-Mare, BS22 9RH
Worlebury St Paul’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Worlebury St Paul's Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.