Learning Support Assistant
Langshott Primary School is looking to recruit an experienced, fun, enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to help support one of our pupils who has additional needs.
The role will include working individually with a child with SEN needs, in Reception, to enable them to be fully inclusive in the curriculum. The role will require close liaison with Class Teacher, SENCO and supporting agencies. This position is expected to continue for the duration of their time at the school.
Successful applicants will have experience of working within an infant setting and will be knowledgeable about child development and learning through play. Ideally the post holder will have have relevant academic qualifications equivalent to NVQ3 or higher and will be passionate about working with young children. In addition, experience of working with children with special educational needs is desirable.
We are looking for someone who:
* Can make learning fun and stimulating
* Is patient, kind and enjoys working as part of a team
* Is good at communicating and working with parents, teachers and professionals
* Shows initiative, but is also able to seek and listen to advice
* Has a good knowledge of children’s development
* Has a positive disposition and a resilient nature
* Is willing to undertake training as necessary
In return we are proud to be able to offer you:
* A caring, friendly, supportive and highly motivated team who are proud to belong
* Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who love coming to school every day
* An environment where the well-being of all members of the school is priority
* Supportive Parents and Governing body
* Excellent support
Langshott Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.