Salary: Grade 5 Point 7
Hours: 32.5 hours per week – term time
Contract term: Fixed term from 24th August 2020
The Governors of St Hardulph’s Church of England Primary School are seeking to recruit a committed SEN Learning Support Assistant to work with a child with Special Educational Needs in Year 4. The position will involve supporting the child individually and some group work under the direction of the class teacher. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to work as part of our team to strive for outstanding provision and enable the school community to continue to flourish whilst promoting our wider commitment to the nurturing and Christian ethos of our school’s vision and values. The position will also involve lunchtime supervision.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working with children with special educational needs
• Be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or equivalent
• Be committed, caring and hard-working
• Have a love for working with children
• Build a positive relationship with the pupil and their family
• Be motivated, well organized, patient, adaptable and able to use their own initiative.
In return, St Hardulph’s can offer:
• Happy, hardworking and engaged pupils and staff
• A modern and well cared for school building and lots of outside space
• A forward thinking headteacher committed to bringing out the best in everyone
• An active and supportive governing body that works in partnership with the whole school community
• A school with potential for growth and development that has foundations on which to build its future success.
If you would like to find out more or have any questions regarding this exciting opportunity please contact the headteacher Mrs. Elizabeth de Looze for an informal discussion by emailing the school (email address can be found in the advert document attached below or via the school website).
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Friday 31st July 2020
Applicants are advised that the day of interview is scheduled for Tuesday 11th August 2020
St Hardulph’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.