Headley Park Primary School is looking for a skilled learning support worker to join our team. We have a highly effective team of Learning Support Assistants and they are an integral part of the teaching and learning at our school. LSAs receive high-quality training and CPD and play a full and active part in the decision-making and communication systems across the school and the Trust. The purpose of the role is to contribute to the teaching and learning in school by providing a range of support as required – this can include general learning support to groups and individuals in the class; 1:1 support for children with SEND or behavioural needs; catch-up interventions in small groups or 1:1; benchmarking and other individual assessment and occasionally whole-class supervision. The role is four day and fixed for one year, this job is not suitable for job share.
Start date: 1st September or as close to 1st as possible.
Interview Date: 24th August
Closing Date: 10th August 14.00
Headley Park is a happy, dynamic and successful school with a strong sense of community. We offer a friendly and dedicated staff team in which LSAs are highly valued, supportive parents and governors and absolutely delightful children who behave well and are eager to learn.
We are looking for a proven outstanding primary school practitioner who:
• Has a track record of providing effective learning support to children
• Has an understanding of the curriculum and good practice
• Is a reflective learner and constantly seeks to adapt and improve to meet changing demands
• is aspirational and has very high expectations;
• has excellent behaviour management strategies
• is committed to the principles of ‘Learning without Limits’ – raising aspirations and offering all children the opportunity to shine and achieve
• is a great team player and communicates and works well with colleagues
Headley Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.