We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work with a child with additional needs. This post would be suitable for someone with experience of working with children with additional needs, specifically Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or Speech, Language and Communication needs. Experience working across the primary age range, including EYFS, would be desirable.
The post is initially temporary for one year, with a view to extending it if funding continues. This is a full time position, but for the right candidate, part time applications would be considered.
Every Child, Every Day, Every Future
The school’s ethos and values are encapsulated in the key phrase that accompanies our logo. The strapline encapsulates three features of the school that informs the way we work with the children and school family. Firstly, Outwoods Edge serves a diverse community and we recognise that children come to school with different needs, experiences and expectations. Therefore, every day in school is important to ensure that all children develop a love of learning and a belief in themselves that they can succeed. Finally, one of our key goals is to ensure that children are equipped to continue this success at secondary school and that they develop the ambition and drive to aim high when they look to the future.
The right candidate will:
• be willing to contribute to our positive and welcoming school ethos.
• be dedicated to the well-being, education, development, confidence and progress of the whole child.
• bring excellent behaviour management skills and be ready to adapt these to suit the needs of individuals, able to encourage children to make positive behaviour choices at all times.
• be positive and caring, able to get the best out of children in all environments.
• remain calm under pressure and have emotional resilience.
• be good at communicating with children, their parents and carers, teachers and other adults in school.
• be able to work as part of a friendly and supportive teams.
• be knowledgeable about important procedures such as Child Protection and Safeguarding.
• be keen to develop themselves as a practitioner.
• have a good sense of humour!
• a caring, effective school with supportive staff and governors.
• committed to high standards of well-being, learning, behaviour and achievement for all.
• dedicated to professional development opportunities.
If you would like to join our wonderful staff team, please apply via eTeach, stating your relevant qualifications and experience by 27th August at 1pm. Interviews will be held on Thursday 3rd September; details of the interview process will be sent to shortlisted candidates.
All staff at Outwoods Edge are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is therefore subject to a successful enhanced DBS disclosure, proof of right to work in the UK, along with the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Outwoods Edge Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.