The Headteacher and Governing Body would like to appoint exceptional teaching and learning staff who will be key contributors in the continued development of our Good school under the leadership and direction of our Headteacher.
We are seeking applications from successful, experienced people as well as those who will be new to the role who would like the opportunity to work between our mainstream school and specialist centre. You will be a confident, resilient and passionate person and somebody who demonstrates high expectations, a flexible and resilient attitude to challenge and a commitment to providing irresistible learning opportunities which support the education of the whole child.
We are an oversubscribed, values-based school and the successful candidate will have the interpersonal skills to model our school’s core values within a framework in which everyone is ambitious, innovative and inclusive.
Thames Ditton Junior School provides an innovative education. We are a successful three form entry junior school admitting 90 children per year. We are well-resourced and keep children at the centre of everything we do. Our pupils are extremely keen to learn and participate and we teach a rich and challenging curriculum that is constantly evolving.
Thames Ditton Junior School is situated in a delightful village in North-East Surrey. It is green and leafy, situated on the banks of the River Thames, but with easy access to Central London. Our school has excellent facilities with its own tennis courts, an Astroturf football pitch, a playing field, a dedicated science lab and computing suite. We are part of the Ember Learning Trust, a co-operative partnership of five local schools that work closely together for the benefit of pupils within all of the schools. An integral part of our school is our Centre for pupils with learning and additional needs – our inclusive ethos ensures that these children thrive within our school.
We only recruit people who are passionate about making a difference to children’s lives; people who challenge themselves to keep on improving. People love working here; we are warm, welcoming, positive, supportive and forward looking. We have very high expectations of both children and adults.
We have a requirement for a Learning Support Assistant to support a child at our school.
This is a temporary appointment linked to a specific child
Mon -Thurs 8.45-3.15pm Friday 8.30-3.15pm Total 29 hrs
Surrey Pay Grade S3 Range £17663 to £18607 FTE
Pro Rata Salary £12115 - £12762
The successful candidate will:
- understand a demand avoidant profile
- be willing to learn and share strategies for supporting the child
- have an awareness of the various special needs seen in the classroom eg. Dyslexia, ADHD, Autism, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, Anxiety related difficulties, sensory difficulties, Speech and language difficulties.
- have the ability to be flexible, think on your feet, be imaginative, have good common sense, lots of initiative and lots of patience.
- nurture and support pupils emotional and developmental needs;
- work with the teaching staff to maximise progress and learning;
- have excellent classroom management skills;
- be a good role model for our children;
- motivate and inspire the children;
- work effectively as part of a team;
- possess excellent IT skills, or be willing to learn; and
- be committed to continued professional development.
In return we can offer:
- generous CPD support;
support of a highly effective, caring team committed to the children’s success; and
- fun and a challenge
Prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to make contact as per the details included to arrange a virtual tour of school.
Closing date for applications is 9am Friday 4th September
Interview Date to be confirmed.
We reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.