Collingham Lady Elizabeth Hastings Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint a dedicated and experienced Learning Support Assistant to join our happy and supportive school workforce. The role involves supporting a KS1 pupil with special educational needs, centered around personal, social and emotional development, but to also facilitate group and whole class support as required.
You will be responsive to the individual needs of the pupil and ensure they are able to access the curriculum and all learning activities and experiences.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working on a one to one basis with children who display high levels of personal, social and emotional need.
• Enhance and develop the interaction, communication and educational needs of the pupil.
• Be an integral part of the KS1 team and report to the class teacher about pupil problems, progress and achievements.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
• Have strong communication skills and establish good relationships with the staff teacher, SENCO, parents and outside agencies.
• Work as part of a hard working team and be an effective team player.
• Be highly passionate in their work with good organisational skills.
In return, we can offer:
• A thriving village school serving its local community.
• A highly performing team of staff and governors who are committed to the school’s caring and Christian ethos.
• A team of dedicated professionals who work together to create a successful, secure, happy, purposeful and stimulating workplace.
• A child centered learning environment where all children feel respected and valued.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful application to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Ethos and Values
Our Christian vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
“Fostering a love for lifelong learning”
At Collingham Lady Elizabeth C.E (Aided) Primary School we promote the well-being of the whole child and ensure the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual growth of all children.
We aim to:
Ensure every child receives his or her entitlement to a broadly balanced, relevant curriculum enabling him her to achieve the highest standards, develop an enquiring mind and the ability to question and reason.
Collingham Lady Elizabeth Hastings' Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.