Required from November, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning in our Academy.
The post is part-time, term time (including INSET days), for 31.5 hours per week on a fixed term contract until the end of the Summer Term 20/21.
This role is varied, working with individual or small groups of children on catch up learning activities and special interventions to meet learning needs. It also includes supervisory duties during the lunch period.
• Working with class teachers and other LSAs to deliver excellent learning opportunities for our pupils.
• Coaching children on a 1:1 or small group basis.
• Recording learning outcomes using school systems
• Reporting back to teachers on pupil progress.
• Working closely with our SEND department to ensure that children receive the best possible learning intervention.
• Supporting regular assessment and evidencing learning
• To safeguard and promote the welfare of children for whom you have responsibility or come into contact with, following our policies carefully.
• Accompanying groups on educational visits off site
• Working with teachers to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
• Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
• Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
• Undertaking and utilising relevant training to enable the best possible outcomes for our pupils.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Part time working hours from 08:40-3:30pm each day (these timings are approximate and still to be confirmed), term time only (including Inset days).
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment
• Good opportunities for personal and career development through our Pathways programme.
• Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Subsidised wraparound childcare if your child is a pupil at one of our Academies.
• Kite Academy Pay Scale, Tier 2 £11,248 - £15,134 actual annual salary (£16,420 - £20,290 FTE) depending on experience
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
• Previous education or childcare experience.
• A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
• A sense of compassion for working with children who find learning challenging.
• A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• A good understanding of working with children with special educational needs and how they may support them.
• We work a great deal online so a good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite will help you.
• The ability to work successfully within the ethos of The Kite Academy Trust.
Closing date for applications: midday on Friday 2nd October 2020
Interviews to be arranged shortly after this date
Please contact us on O1276 4692OO if you would like more information.
Early applications are recommended as suitable applicants may be interviewed sooner according to availability and the post filled prior to this date.
The Kite Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
The Kite Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate.