We are looking to recruit two new Learning Support Assistants (LSA). One LSA will be working alongside children with Educational Health & Care Plans (EHCP), to help them fully access the teaching and learning, whilst the other will be working in class with children with additional educational needs. In addition, both roles will include working with small groups of children under the guidance of the class teacher and Inclusion Leader to deliver teaching interventions. Both roles are temporary/fixed term, dependant on ongoing funding.
Contract: Term time plus all INSET days
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
8:30 - 15:30 Mon to Fri (with 30 minutes for lunch)
Westfield is a larger than average school, located in a quiet residential area, providing for pupils aged 4 to 11 years old. Ofsted recently judged the school as ‘Good’ and commented on the “caring and welcoming atmosphere” which “provides effectively for current pupils” (Ofsted, 2017). At Westfield we believe in a community that has a love of learning and a love of life. We aim to foster a sense of PRIDE in everything we do to make school an enjoyable experience and allow every child to achieve their maximum potential.
We are looking for somebody who:
• Enjoys working with children
• Has lots of patience and a calm demeanour
• Is good at listening
• Is positive, smiley and happy to work as part of a team
• Is supportive of colleagues
• Is positive, forward thinking and willing to “go the extra mile”
• Has a good level of general education (including Maths & English GCSE Grade A-C (4+) or equivalent)
In return our wonderful school can offer:
• A supportive, hardworking and friendly team who are committed to achieving the best for our children.
• Cheerful and welcoming pupils who provide plenty of fun and laughs
• An encouraging and caring ethos
• Training and opportunities for continuing professional development
Westfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS check and all job offers are subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Westfield Primary School is also committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably experienced persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Closing Date: 2nd November 2020
Interviews: 10th November 2020 (in person, socially distanced in school)
Westfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS check and all job offers are subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.