Learning Support Assistant
Part Time/Full Time (21.75/28.75 hrs including lunchtimes)
Salary – Hampshire Support Staff Pay Range (Grade B – approximate annual salary part time £9,572 - £9,735, full time £12,653 - £12,868 dependent upon experience)
Do you want to make a difference to children and enhance their learning experiences? Are you a committed team player?
If the answers are yes, your next step could be Westfields Junior School.
We are currently seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic learning support assistant, to join our successful, forward thinking, inclusive Junior School in Yateley as soon as possible. The post will be to support teaching and learning within classrooms as well as working with groups of pupils leading Maths and English interventions. This role provides an excellent opportunity for professional development and we welcome interest from applicants who either wish to develop their career as a LSA or who wish to use this opportunity to extend their experience before pursuing a teaching career.
Applicants will ideally have:
- Experience in a classroom environment at primary level
- Motivation and passion for being part of a successful school team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- High expectations of all pupils in relation to achievement
- Commitment to contribute to the progression of learning and school life
We can offer the successful candidate:
- a caring school where staff enjoy working as part of a supportive team, are encouraged to have fun and be creative
- enthusiastic and engaged pupils who are motivated to learn
- spacious and well-resourced classrooms and other learning environments including a rainforest themed library and nurture room as well as extensive grounds
- a commitment to professional development
Westfields Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.