An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Measham C of E Primary School Academy Trust in Measham. We are looking for 1 adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a happy busy school with delightful children.
The position is a fixed term classroom based role working with a Year 6 child on a 1:1 basis who has Special Needs with an EHCP.
• Working with the class teacher to deliver excellent teaching and learning
• Classroom based 1:1 and small group based depending on the needs of the child, class or activity
• Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
• Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
• Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
• Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Term-time hours 9.00 - 1.00pm plus 1 week INSET hours
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
• Lovely children
• Good opportunities for CPD including First Aid and Safeguarding
• Opportunity to be part of a welcoming team
• Job satisfaction
• Pension Scheme
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Previous classroom experience with NVQ3 or similar qualifications
• Experience and working knowledge of SEND is essential
• Working experience as a 1:1 is essential
• A proven ability to work on their own initiative yet still able to work as part of a team
• A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
• A confident and able personality who could undertake cover supervision duties when necessary
• A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
• A person who has the ability to assist in planning of programmes of work and delivery of the work
Find out more about this our exciting school by visiting our school website and school.
Our school is committed to Safeguarding and Pupil’s welfare: references and background checks will be made and the successful candidate will need to have a clean enhanced DBS disclosure.