Would you like to be part of a friendly team? Do you have high expectations of the children you
support? You might be just the person we need! Oxley Primary is a popular and successful school and we are extremely proud of our community ethos.
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) for two terms initially.
This post will be for 32 hours per week, providing general classroom learning support, with the
possibility of some 1:1 support and interventions within the Y5/6 and Y6 classes.
The successful candidates will need to have:
- NVQ Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning, or equivalent;
- high expectations of what children can achieve;
- experience of working with children in the primary range;
- experience of supporting pupils with communication and emotional / behavioural
- flexibility and creativity;
- a positive approach and passion for engaging children in learning;
- an ability to develop good relationships with children, colleagues and parents.
We are a friendly, supportive, forward thinking school with a strong “I Can” ethos and a history
of excellent classroom practice. We will provide the successful candidate with support and access to high-quality professional development opportunities.
We encourage prospective candidates to take a look at our school by visiting our school website.
Oxley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).