Learning Support Assistant
32.5 hours per week (Daily 8:30 – 3:30pm) (Term Time only including training days)
Required: January 2021
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic teaching assistant to work with children with SEND.
St Elizabeth's Catholic Primary School is a well-resourced, single form entry school that offers a very supportive environment to staff and pupils.
We are looking for a dynamic, inspirational staff member who has:
• some experience of working with pupils with specific SEND needs including ASD
• excellent numeracy and literacy skills (Equivalent to GCSE Grade A-C)
• ability to co-operate and work as part of a team and to be pro-active in using own initiative
• a commitment and passion for inclusive education along with a patient, flexible and positive manner
And a staff member who is able to:
• work closely with our SENCO, the classteachers and the whole staff team
• communicate effectively, both orally and in writing as well as being IT literate
• consistently implement agreed pupil behaviour programs and contribute to team strategy discussions
• follow differentiated planning, other specialist programmes and individual support plans with patience and calmness to ensure pupils are fully participating in activities and sessions.
• build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration
We can offer you:
• A friendly, supportive staff team
• Opportunities for professional development
• Fantasic, enthusisatic pupils
• A vibrant working environment, close to Richmond Park and local transport links
Closing Date: 4th December 2020
St Elizabeth’s is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.