Learning Support Assistant
• 20 hours per week across 5 days, 38 weeks per year, term time
• NJC Scale 4 actual salary £10,313.38 to £10,880.28 according to experience (FTE £22,377 to £23,607)
• Starting – ASAP
• This role is a Specific Purpose contract whilst the child is a pupil at the school, renewable each academic year depending on the EHCP changing needs
This is a rare opportunity to join our committed and supportive outstanding school community. We are seeking an experienced Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with a pupil in Year 1 who has speech and language difficulties.
Suitable candidates for the position will have:
• Experience of working with pupils with speech and language difficulties
• Strong English and Maths skills (minimum requirement of GCSE grade C or equivalent)
• Worked with children with SEN in an educational setting
• The ability to engage and motivate the child, building good relationships with the child, parents and class teacher
• Ability to work with a range of various outside agencies and healthcare professionals and implement their recommendations including Physiotherapists and SALT
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
• Knowledge of working to Individual Education Plans and Education Healthcare Plan outcomes
• Training in PECs and experience of using Makaton would be desirable
• Knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice
• A reflective, caring and committed attitude
Orleans Primary School is an exciting and vibrant place to work. We will be offering you a supportive and friendly staff body, the opportunity for excellent CPD, and the opportunity to take part in our regular staff events. Several of our Learning Support Assistants have gained valuable classroom experience within the role and then subsequently trained to teach, and we welcome applications from people who aspire to be teachers.
To apply for the role please refer to the person specification, complete an application form in full and submit your application to the school.
We are unable to accept CVs.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th January 2021 at 9am
Interview date: Wednesday 27th January 2021
Orleans Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also committed to ensuring equal opportunities.
We reserve the right the close this vacancy early should be receive an overwhelming response.