Learning Support Assistant, 30 Hours per week, over 5 days
Term time only plus in-service training days.
Governors of St Bede’s wish to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join the existing team to provide small group and in class support across the 11-16 age range.
This post is to commence as soon as possible.
We are a friendly and welcoming team. The successful candidate will be working with students with special educational needs and disabilities requiring assistance with ongoing academic and personal development. There may also be a need to provide support with complex needs.
Experience of working with students with special educational needs is essential. We are looking for someone who is:
• flexible and has a caring approach to their duties, always ensuring the student has the necessary support
• able to work with a range of pupils including those with cognition and learning difficulties, communication and interaction difficulties, sensory and physical needs and those with SEMH needs
• able to work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff
• able to deliver programmes designed by a number of outside agencies such as Speech and Language, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
• willing to enter fully into the life of the college
• willing to support a pupil with personal care where necessary
St Bede’s can offer you:
• Training where necessary
• A highly supportive staff team
• Excellent facilities and resources
The annual salary for this post is £13,617
The successful candidate will be required to undergo enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. All posts at St Bede’s are subject to a probationary period of six months.
A job description and application form can be obtained from our website.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is noon on Monday 8th March 2021
St Bede’s is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and promoting their welfare. The successful applicant for this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks, good references and medical clearance.