“We care, we learn, we shine”
Ash Grange Nursery and Primary School are seeking a LSA to work 1-2-1 with a child with an EHCP for speech and language delay to join our friendly team. This role is to work with children in Year 1 and 3 who have developmental delays with the main focus of speech and langauge.
• Start Date: April 2021 (or sooner if available).
• Salary: Surrey Pay Scale PS3 from £ 12,662.81, Pro-Rata 30 hours per week.
• Contract: Fixed Contract, Term Time
You will be a highly motivated individual with a positive, caring, supportive and a fair but creative approach who embodies the principle of teaching the “whole” child, in an exciting environment.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a determination to make a difference to the children’s progress and development
• Be able to deliver given programmes and strategies from the SENCo and outside agencies e.g. Speech and Language Therapist; all will have training
• Be able to facilitate 1:1 and small group interventions that motivate and encourage children
• Be firm and fair, able to demonstrate boundary setting with children
• Have excellent written and spoken communication and team member skills
• Have the ability to work as part of team as well as through their own initiative
• Have good English and Maths skills/knowledge (GCSE Equivalent)
• High expectations of themselves and the children they work with including promoting independence where possible.
We offer you:
• An exciting opportunity to work within a growing school, to be part of a kind and caring team.
• The chance to work with a fantastic team of people, who care passionately about the children and will work hard to improve outcomes for them.
• Confident, enthusiastic and well-behaved children who enjoy learning.
• Professional development opportunities that will see your skills and knowledge grow and develop.
Ash Grange is a “good” (Ofsted) Nursery and Primary School (2-11 years) serving a diverse community. We are particularly proud of our Anti-Bullying Charter Gold award, Healthy Schools Gold Award and our Bronze UNICEF Rights, Respecting School Award. Most recently, we were awarded the National Children’s Bureau Wellbeing Award for Schools which recognised that good emotional wellbeing and mental health for pupils and staff are at the heart of our school.
The salary is the Main Scale according to experience.
In addition to providing an outstanding working environment, benefits include:
• Employer/employee matching contribution to the pension scheme.
• Onsite parking.
• Access to the on-site swimming pool.
• Childcare vouchers.
Centrally located to good transport routes with free parking on site, the school is also just a five-minute walk from Ash Station (Reading, Ascot, Guildford, Redhill lines – SW Trains, First Great Western).
• Application Close: Friday 12th March @ noon
• Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 15th March 2020
Ash Grange Nursery & Primary School
Ash Church Road
Mental Health and Wellbeing statement: Ash Grange Primary School has a learning environment that promotes and enhances the positive mental health of the whole school community, recognising that health relationships underpin positive mental health and have a significant impact on learning, health and wellbeing. We champion the expectation that ‘mental health is everyone’s responsibility’.
Safeguarding statement: Ash Grange Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, pre-interview references and an enhanced DBS check.
COVID19: Interviews will be carried out face to face, but will follow governments strict guidelines, we ask that you wear appropriate face coverings at all time.
Ash Grange Nursery and Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, pre-interview references and an enhanced DBS. check