Learning Support Assistant -To work primarily 1 – 1 with a visually impaired student
The post is to start as soon as possible
Hours: 32 per week term time only (3 INSET days included)
Salary: Scale point 5 full time pay £19,312 (pro rata pay £14,094.15)
Thank you for considering Banbury Aspirations Campus for the next stage of your career. We seek an excellent Learning Support Assistant who has the knowledge, experience and passion to make a positive difference to lives and life-chances of our students, in particularly one year 7 child who is visually impaired
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious practitioner, who wants to support the next stage of the development of the campus. You will work within the student support team.
Our campus is unique. We have two distinct schools and a cross campus sixth form which is in the top 25% of all schools in the country for progress. It is a team and a family of people who are all working together to achieve our mission of preparing our pupils for success in high quality apprenticeships or a place in university. We believe in a set of recognisable and traditional values: honesty; kindness to all others; respect for all; hard work and persistence.
We have very high expectations of all of our staff, but we value them highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our central team at Headquarters in London is highly experienced and knowledgeable and provide and excellent service to all of the schools in the Trust.
What we can offer you:
- An unerring focus on the safeguarding and wellbeing of all students and staff
- A highly motivated and dedicated student support team led by an experienced SENCO
- A campus which has an improving trend of results
- A campus where the sixth form is growing year on year
- A skilled and experienced administrative team
- CPD that starts as soon as you are appointed, with a clear induction programme
- A beautiful campus situated on the very edge of the Cotswolds, only half an hour from Oxford and an hour from London by train
Who are we looking for?:
- a kind and calm individual, who can quickly foster and sustain positive relationships with adults and young people
- someone with huge amounts of patience
- a life long learner who is willing to learn the skills needed to support a visually impaired child
We would be delighted to show you around our campus in order to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
Deadline for online applications 9.00 a.m. on Tuesday 4th May 2021
Interviews to take place during w/b 3rd May 2021
Banbury Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.