North Star 82° is a primary provision within the North Star Academy Trust based in North Bristol specialising in supporting pupils experiencing social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We aim to be part of a joined-up provision offering our pupils the outstanding education they deserve.
We are seeking to recruit a committed and high-quality learning support assistant to provide support to the class teacher in groups or to individual children.
You will be joining a positive, solution-focused team of staff who are dedicated to help improve outcomes for vulnerable pupils.
You will be required to work 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum. Actual Salary £15,672-£16,632. Fixed term until August 2022
The successful applicants will have:
- A good understanding of the EYFS / KS1 and / or KS2 curriculum.
- At least one years’ experience of working in a learning/childcare setting.
- A flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to working in a structured environment
- Effective communication with colleagues
- Skills of empathy, listening, communication and the ability to respond to unexpressed need
- Willingness to undertake the further training that will be offered.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, pension, a supportive team, training and development and the potential for career progression to the right person.
Job description and person specification attached.
Interviews will be held week commencing 24/05/2021.
The Trust Board are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
North Star Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.