Start: September 2021
Salary: Pay level 2-4 Point 3-12, Fringe area £15,609.54 – £18,506.48 (actual) depending upon experience
Contract: 35 hours per week (Mon to Fri 8am-4pm), Term time only plus INSETs (39 weeks per year)
Slough and Eton has an exciting opportunity for learning support assistants to join our excellent Learning Support Team. We think this is could be a great opportunity for someone interested in a career in teaching in the future and are keen to provide training to facilitate that for the right candidate.
We are seeking to appoint candidates who:
• complement the professional work of teaching staff, which may involve planning, preparation and delivering some small group learning activities across Years 7-11 and 1:1 support
• are able to monitor, assess, record and report on students’ progress and development
• are creative and inspirational and have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
• are able to make a positive and valuable contribution to school improvement
• have a strong ambition to make a difference for our students
• are able to play a positive and active role in our dedicated team
• are able to help create a stimulating and well organised learning environment
• be able to work effectively and independently and as part of a team
• have good IT, literacy and numeracy skills.
Experience or qualifications in working with students with SEND are desirable but not essential as we will provide the necessary training. A Level 3 qualification is also desirable however a Level 2 qualification in Maths and English is essential.
Slough and Eton is a great school on the outskirts of Slough, which serves the Chalvey community. We are relentlessly focused on ensuring great teaching, learning and experiences are at the core of what we do. It’s an exciting time for us and our students are a pleasure to work with.
If you are interested in finding out more then please read the welcome letter from our Headteacher and feel free to visit the school in advance of applying. We are, or course, committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students and staff and will conduct all necessary DBS checks as part of our recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like to contribute to our exciting future please contact our HR Advisor, Beverly Glanville for an application form or visit our website in the vacancy section for further details and application pack. CV’s alone will not be accepted as a valid application.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We reserve the right to close our advert early should we receive sufficient applications.
Closing date: Monday 7th June 2021 (by 9am)
Interviews: w/c 14th June 2021
Slough and Eton C of E Business and Enterprise College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.