We are looking to appoint an experienced learning support assistant to join our upper KS2 team. This will be a temporary post initially for 1 year.
Hours of work: 23.5 hours during term-time.
This post will involve:
- Working with individuals on a one-to-one basis and small groups of pupils.
- To support groups of a range of abilities under the direction of the class teacher
- Planning, teaching and assessing (with teacher support) a small phonics and interventions group
- Supporting the classteacher in creating an effective learning environment for the children.
- Working as part of a team
- Implementing school policies eg; behaviour, marking, safeguarding etc.
- Having high expectations of yourself, children and their learning.
- Building positive relationships with the children and colleagues within the school and community
If you consider yourself to have the personal and professional qualifications to carry out the above to a high standard. We would love to hear from you.
The Post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The school is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you would like to visit the school, please call the school office to arrange a suitable time.