An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Wimbledon College in Wimbledon. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. Duties would include working with boys who have a range of learning difficulties and providing personal care. Experience of working with pupils with special educational needs would be an advantage but not essential.
Salary £18,772 - £19,806 for
35 hours per week / 39 weeks per year (term time plus 5 days)
(Based on NJC Salary scale 2/3 point 3-6 £21,408 - £22,587 Full time equivalent)
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Situated minutes from Wimbledon Common and Village, with exceptional facilities on site for staff including swimming pool and gym.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Previous administration or childcare experience.
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Ideal post for a graduate, with a Mathematics, English or Science degree, who is seeking experience before joining the teaching profession or an LSA seeking a new challenge.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
Wimbledon College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check