Learning Support Assistant (JG3)
School: Backwell Juniors C of E Juniors
Hours: Full Time - 37 hours per week (8.30am – 12pm) – (12.30pm – 3.30pm) covering lunch times too.
Contract: Fixed Term for 1 year pending a staffing review
Start: 1st September 2021 – 31st August 2022
Grade: JG3 SCP 5
Pay: £19,312 fte
Backwell C of E Junior is seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (JG3) to support children with a range of needs. Strong behaviour management is needed and there will be some 1:1 work with a pupil with specific behaviour needs. This position is a full time, fixed term contract position for 12 months. This contract will be reviewed pending a staff review.
We have a clear pedagogy and high expectations of all members of our school community. We seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality and enable reflective practice and dialogue. It is a welcoming inclusive school with a strong Christian ethos. We are a 420 place Federation split over 2 sites with beautiful buildings set in lovely green surroundings. Both West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School are part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership MAT.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about making a difference to all children.
- Have some experience in working with children in a classroom setting and ideally have experience of working with children who have Social Emotional Mental Health needs, a diagnosis of conditions such as Autism or other high level needs such as global delay.
- Be aspirational for every child and believe that every child can, and will, learn but might not have learnt something yet.
- Be flexible and able to adapt their practice to ensure effective learning.
- Have strong pupil management skills so that classes continue to learn in a calm and structured way.
- Be able to build strong and positive relationships with colleagues, children and parents.
- Be a reflective practitioner with a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Hold Level 2 qualifications as a minimum.
We can offer you:
- A fabulous working environment with children who really want to learn
- A friendly and successful school
- A growing school with a dedicated and hard working staff
- Opportunities to work across the phases both within the Junior and Infant setting
- Excellent CPD opportunities
School visits are encouraged to take place after school. To arrange a visit please contact the School Office on 01275-463274.
Please apply for the position using the attached Lighthouse Schools Partnership Application Form. Further details are available from the School Office on 01275-462632.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Thursday 27th May 2021
Interview date: Early Term 6
The Federation of West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Any appointment will be subject to full enhanced DBS checks (including Barred List Information) and satisfactory references.
Federation of West Leigh Infant and Backwell Junior Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.