Are you looking to gain classroom experience as a Learning Support Assistant in a growing secondary school?
Merstham Park School is looking to appoint six enthusiastic and dedicated Learning Support Assistants to support our students with SEND needs. This role will be well suited for candidates who are looking to start their career in teaching, experienced TA's looking for flexibility, or gap year students from universities. We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at and we welcome flexible working arrangements.
As a member of the team at Merstham Park School, you will have plenty of CPD opportunities for professional development and growth. Working as part of the GLF Trust comprising of 41 schools, we can support you with career pathways for progression.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at.
To review the Job Description and Personal Specification for this role please download the attached Recruitment Pack.
About Merstham Park School
At Merstham Park, our ethos is simple - igniting a passion for learning. We are proud to be a values driven school which encourages its staff and students to embrace these values in all that they do. This approach provides everyone with the opportunity to exceed beyond their potential.
As a growing school we are excited for the opening of our brand-new state of the art facilities that will benefit both our staff and the community. Our new build will be tailored to enable our staff and students to develop unique skill sets in a truly first-class educational setting through the creation of inviting and interactive learning environments.
As the school grows the career progression for our staff is endless. We will be looking to enhance the opportunities for all staff to grow in their roles and take on additional responsibilities.
Our team of passionate staff are committed to providing children with the very best educational experience. We recognise the importance of academic success whilst embracing our wider role in preparing students for their adult life beyond the formal examined curriculum.
Why work at Merstham Park School
The welfare of our staff is of the utmost importance. The list below details some examples of how we support the wellbeing of all of our colleagues. To see our full offer, please refer to the attached recruitment pack.
• Comprehensive CPD: we invest in your professional learning
• Regular career development opportunities, both pastorally and academically, in a growing forward-thinking school
• An appraisal system focused on professional learning and developing high quality teaching and support; all within an embedded culture of collaboration and sharing best practice
• A comprehensive development programme for all staff
• Career development meetings with the Head regularly offered
• A culture of coaching - staff collaborate, support and develop one another
• A school that values everyone and firmly believes that a culture of positive relationships should be the bedrock of an organisation; we want you to love teaching and our students to love learning
What we are looking for
• Be an excellent and creative SEND practitioner.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Be passionate about the students' learning and welfare.
• Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs.
• Experience of studying Mathematics, Science or English would be an advantage.
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued worker scheme
Start date: 1 September 2021
Contract type: Permanent, Term-time only
Working hours: Monday - Friday 36 hours, 39 weeks of the year
Pay Scale: GLF Associate 2 - £17,900
Annual Salary (pro-rata, for 36 hours per week, 39 weeks per year): £15,399 Actual Salary
Closing date: 2 July 2021 12pm
Interview Date: 8 July 2021 (interviews to take place via video link)
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.