An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Elmlea Infant School in Bristol. If you have a passion for supporting children and raising standards we want to hear from you. We are an outstanding infant school looking an enthusiastic and skilled Learning Support Assistant to join our committed team.
This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
This role will suit someone who is caring, flexible and hard-working, and who enjoys and has experience of working with children with sensory needs, Autism and ADHD. This role will mainly consist of working 1:1 with individual children to develop their learning and manage their sensory environment. The role may also involve supporting groups in class, leading small intervention groups and supervising children in the playground. We are looking for a candidate who will be able to:
- Support pupils' learning, and develop their communication and interaction
- Support pupils to manage their sensory environment
- Manage challenging behaviour effectively
- Support the classroom teacher in the delivery of a varied curriculum helping with differentiation, resources, records and administration
- Supervise children in the playground
- Work well in a team
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A collaborative community in which to learn and work
- Motivated pupils who are keen to learn
- Parents who are supportive of their children’s education
- A school team that are committed to improving standards and pupil outcomes
- A supportive Senior Leadership team and Governing Body who are committed to continued professional development.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have a resilient character and a strong personal drive
- Show initiative and is enthusiastic and flexible
- Have high expectations of children and themselves
- Have a record of outstanding classroom support and practice
- Have experience supporting young people with sensory needs, Autism and ADHD
- Have high expectations of behaviour and good classroom management strategies
- Enjoy working as part of a team with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Have GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
The position is a temporary beginning asap until August 2022 for 32.5 hours per week term time only – hours of work 08:30 to 15:30 Monday to Friday
Elmlea Schools' Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.