North Star 240° is a secondary provision within the North Star Academy Trust based in North Bristol specialising in supporting pupils experiencing social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We aim to be part of a joined-up provision offering our pupils the outstanding education they deserve.
We are seeking to recruit a committed and high-quality Learning Support Assistant to provide support to the class teacher in groups or to individual children.
You will be required to work 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum. Actual Salary £15,672-£16,632. This is a permanent post.
You will be joining a positive, solution-focused team of staff who are dedicated to help improve outcomes for vulnerable pupils.
The successful applicants will have:
- A good understanding of the KS3 curriculum.
- At least one years’ experience of working in a learning/childcare setting.
- Ability to support reading and phonics for those students at the early stages of reading.
- To support our programme of extra-curricular activities.
- A flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to working in a structured environment.
- The ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Skills of empathy, listening, communication and the ability to respond to unexpressed need.
- Willingness to undertake the further training that will be offered.
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an All-through learning community
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos
- A school which has supportive Trustees and Parents with high expectations of the school
In return, we offer a competitive salary, pension, a supportive team, training and development and the potential for career progression for the right person.
Job description and person specification attached.
The Trust Board staff are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
North Star Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.