We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
Perry Court E-ACT Academy are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to work each morning to help develop the social, emotional and educational needs of pupils in their Key Stage group.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who is able to demonstrate the skills required to be effective in this important role
- Able to inspire and support children to become active, independent thinkers and learners.
- A person who has a strong belief in the effectiveness of teamwork.
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, and staff.
- Experience of working in KS1 and supporting small groups of children under teacher's direction including children with SEND on a 1:1 or 1:2 basis.
Perry Court E-ACT Academy
A happy 3-11 primary academy in Hengrove, Bristol. We provide varied and exciting learning experiences and are focused on preparing our pupils f or the next stage in their educational journey.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
We can offer you:
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school
- Well-resourced classrooms; A group of children with a passion for learning
- local government pension scheme
- 30 day holiday entitlement
- Free support from our employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 15,400 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 25 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 06th October 2021, interviews will be held shortly after.
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
All E-ACT academies, the Ambassadors and Headteachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, and undergo appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS check. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.