Perry Court E-ACT Academy are looking for an LSA.
Salary: SCP5 -7 £19,312 - £20,092. FTE (£14,852.56 - £15,452.44)
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
Keen to challenge young people with opportunities they may not even know exists yet? We aim to raise pupils’ aspirations so they begin to believe in themselves and understand that there is no thing holding them back, including where they happen to live or their family’s experience in education.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to provide general and specific assistance to pupils and staff under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the classroom teacher.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of how children learn and how to motivate them
- Demonstrable knowledge of strategies for spelling, reading and number skills
- Relevant educational experience supporting a child/children in a primary school setting
- Experience of working with children who have a wide variety of educational needs
Perry Court E-ACT Primary Academy
A high-achieving and caring primary academy in Hengrove, Bristol. Our pupils love coming to the academy and feel safe, happy and valued from Nursery to Year 6.
Come join our team:
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 15,400 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 25 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
How to apply
The closing date for applications Thursday 2nd December 17:00pm, Interviews will be held on Wednesday 8th December successful candidate's will hear directly by email.
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
All E-ACT academies, the Ambassadors and Headteachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, and undergo appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS check. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.