Do you have a passion to help children to be the best that they can be? Are you Looking for a varied, term time role? Frogmore Junior School would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and hard-working team at Frogmore Junior School. The successful candidate will be working alongside and supporting the Class Teacher, in order to achieve the highest standards of learning and achievement for all children, both inside and outside the classroom. They will ideally have experience within education but more importantly need an excellent understand of how to motivate and support children to achieve their potential.
About Frogmore Junior School
Located on the picturesque Surrey/Hampshire border, Frogmore Junior School is proud of its caring ethos; encouraging and supporting children and adults to achieve their full potential. Frogmore offers a wide range of opportunities to develop your specialism into world-class provision.We are a hardworking, fun and supportive team with a range of skills across the curriculum, willing to offer support and expertise to develop your own practice. As a reflective academy, we continually strive to innovate and improve practice with a commitment to quality professional development.We are proud of our rights respecting ethos which is at the heart of everything we do. You will be part of the school's journey and the work we do to promote children's rights, where children are respected, their talents are nurtured and they are able to thrive.
What we are looking for
- assist in preparing the classroom-learning environment
- assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help children access the curriculum
- lead and support activities, indoors and outdoors to meet the specific needs of children
- assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
- be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with outside agencies
- relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
Why work at Frogmore Junior School
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Benefits including Local Government Pension Scheme.
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, innovative and forward thinking Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued worker scheme
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Salary: Between £18,000,- £21,100
Pro Rata: Between £13,980 – £16,310
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 8.30am-3.30pm for 39 weeks per year
Closing date for applications: Saturday 21st May 2022
Interviews: W/C 23rd May 2022
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place