Are you ready to join a successful, nurturing, high achieving primary school as a Learning Support Assistant?
We are seeking to recruit a full time Learning Support Assistant that is motivated to work on a 1:1 basis supporting pupils (range of primary ages) with complex needs, such ASD and / or physical disabilities.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about pupil welfare and has the ability to make a difference to the learning journey of a child. The successful candidate will play an integral role in the behaviour, communication, social and emotional development of the children and actively assist our Teachers with supporting the children within and outside the classroom.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at, as training will be provided and you will be supported by a team of experienced and dedicated professionals.
About Cuddington Croft Primary School:
Cuddington Croft is a two-form entry primary school, located at Cheam, Surrey, with just under 500 children aged 3 - 11. Children at Cuddington Croft thrive in a caring and nurturing environment, are happy at school and enjoy learning. We promote lifelong learning through an enriched curriculum and are proud of our pupils’ exemplary behaviour and our SATs results. We are a learning community, where staff are of the highest calibre and parents are encouraged to be active in school life.
What we are looking for:
You will be:
• Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare, personal and social needs of the child(ren) that you are supporting.
• Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with parents and outside agencies.
• Able to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve.
• Experienced in working with young children
• Experienced in how to observe and assess progression and attainment.
Experience of working with children is desirable, however strong candidates may be considered.
Why work at Cuddington Croft Primary School:
• A warm, welcoming environment where the focus is on developing and nurturing a lifelong love of learning.
• An opportunity to work as part of a highly motivated, engaged and supportive leadership team.
• A friendly and approachable team of enthusiastic colleagues.
• Exceptional CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme.
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community.
Hours of work: Full time: 8.40 - 3.15 pm (½ hour lunch)
Start date: 31 August 2022
FTE Salary: £18,000 - £21,100
Pro rata salary: £12,950 - £15,181
Closing date for applications: 12th July 2022
Interview date: To be arranged
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place