Gilmorton Chandler CE Primary School is a popular, oversubscribed school with a strong community ethos balanced with high academic aspirations. The school currently is graded Good by OFSTED and Excellent by SIAMS. We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to provide additional support for pupils as they access the curriculum. The role will also incorporate periods of support in the school office during busy times of the day.
30 hours per week (9am - 3.30pm), term time only plus an extra 18.75 hours to be worked on teacher days or other as required for operational purposes.
Fixed term until the August 2023 to meet the needs of a temporary increase in workload due to SEN assessments and applications.
Salary - Grade 5
The successful candidate will have;
- Level 2 qualification in Maths and English (or equivalent),
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment,
- good interpersonal skills,
- enjoy working with children and be able to show initiative,
- high expectations, together with a caring attitude and flexibility,
- a knowledge of how to provide children with a safe and secure environment.
- have lots of energy and patience;
- demonstrate good communication skills;
- have a positive, hardworking attitude;
- be able to work effectively within a committed team;
- be committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity.
We can offer:
- Flexible, term-time hours;
- the opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school;
- pension scheme;
- free access to employee assistance programme;
- an inclusive and caring ethos;
- lots of exciting and creative learning opportunities;
- committed and dedicated staff;
- enthusiastic and friendly children and parents.
For more information please see the job description and person specification.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Friday 10th June
If you wish to find out more about the role before applying, please contact the school office.
Gilmorton Chandler C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.