North Star 82° is a primary provision within the North Star Academy Trust based in North Bristol specialising in supporting pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, complex needs and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. We aim to be part of a joined-up provision offering our pupils the outstanding education they deserve.
We have a positions available for committed and high-quality Learning Support Assistants to provide support to the class teacher in groups or to individual children. You will be required to work 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum.
The successful candidates will be joining a positive, solution-focused team of staff who are dedicated to help improve outcomes for vulnerable pupils.
The successful applicants will have:
- A good understanding of the EYFS / KS1 and / or KS2 curriculum.
- At least one years’ experience of working in a learning/childcare setting.
- A flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to working in a structured environment
- Effective communication with colleagues
- Skills of empathy, listening, communication and the ability to respond to unexpressed need
- Willingness to undertake the further training that will be offered.
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an All-through learning community
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos
- A school which has supportive Trustees and Parents with high expectations of the school
In return, we offer a competitive salary, pension, a supportive team, training and development and the potential for career progression for the right person.
Interviews will be held week commencing 11 July 2022.
North Star Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.